Carina Press is a digital-first imprint from Harlequin. A natural extension to the Harlequin business; Carina Press builds on our digital strength and gives us greater flexibility in the type of editorial we acquire from authors and offer to readers. We connect authors with a great story to tell, with readers who will love to read it.
At Carina Press you’ll find weekly releases of ebooks from talented authors in a wide variety of genres. New Releases are added every Monday! Find them on our homepage, or see our weekly release schedule on our New Releases page.
Whether you like to read contemporary romance, steampunk, erotic romance, gay/lesbian fiction, science-fiction, fantasy, or any number of other fiction genres – you’ll find something to love at Carina Press.
We look forward to an ongoing conversation with readers and authors! Be sure to read our blog for all the latest news.
- For customer service questions related to our ebook store, email us at: email@example.com.
- Please visit our Submission Guidelines for information on submitting a manuscript.
- Please direct press inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all other comments or questions, including employment, email us at: email@example.com.
- For the most up-to-date news on Carina Press, please follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CarinaPress and become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CarinaPress.
The People Behind Carina Press
Angela James, Executive Editor
Executive editor of Carina Press, Harlequin’s digital-first imprint, and veteran of the digital publishing industry, Angela James is a well-known advocate for digital publishing. James has enjoyed a long and varied career in digital publishing, including launching and serving as executive editor for Samhain Publishing. James frequently travels to regional, national and international writing conferences to meet with authors and readers, and present workshops on digital publishing for both authors and readers of all genres of fiction.
While Angela doesn’t do a lot of editing these days, she still enjoys reading submissions in steampunk, cyberpunk and BDSM/erotic romance. And she’s still looking for the author who will write a space cowboy book for her in the vein of Firefly!
Malle Vallik, Director, Digital Editorial Initiatives
Malle was destined to work in publishing. As a child she loved collecting and cataloguing her books; her fantasy Christmas gift was to receive the entire Nancy Drew collection (she never got it); she read all the Nancy Drew books she gave away as birthday gifts to classmates before she gifted them; she worked in a library (but wanted a job where she could be loud); and she studied history and political science at university. Obviously she was destined to become an editor.
Malle has also held positions as a sales rep and as a publicist. After a decade editing Harlequin’s fantastic series books she moved to the Digital side of the business where she developed online reads, interactive novels and romantic nonfiction content. She helped launch Harlequin’s innovative ebook business, ebook-only programs like Spice Briefs and Carina Press.
As the Director of Digital Editorial Initiatives Malle works alongside the Harlequin editorial teams to ensure corporate alignment of publishing goals and innovative ways to bring in new writing talent to Harlequin. Malle also spends a lot of time thinking about interactivity, enhanced books, choose-your-own-adventure-type stories and the hologram novel (it’s coming!).
Editorial and Production
Our Editorial and Production team works together with our Editors to ensure we have the best quality books from story right through to the finished book.
- Amy Wilkins—Assistant Manager, Digital Content & Social Media
- Brendan Flattery—Digital Production Coordinator
- Carrie Holden—Editorial Assistant, Digital Publishing
- Jenny Bullough—Manager, Digital Content
- Stephanie Doig—Editorial Assistant, Digital Publishing
The Acquisition Team
Carina Press is a team effort, and that is nowhere more evident than on our acquisitions team! While their core jobs at Harlequin/Carina Press range from Editorial to Marketing to Digital Production to Copyediting, they share one thing in common: they love to read.
- Amy Wilkins
- Brendan Flattery
- Carly Chow
- Carrie Holden
- Eleanor Elliott
- Farah Mullick
- Jenny Bullough
- Julie Forrest
- Malle Vallik
- Stephanie Doig
- Tara Stevens
We have a fabulous team of editors – see their profiles.
Marketing & Commerce
As passionate as we are about acquiring wonderful books, we’re equally as committed to finding them an audience. The marketing and commerce teams are responsible for making sure readers know about & can get their hands on a Carina Press book they will love.
- Aideen O’Leary-Chung—Director, Digital Commerce and New Business Development
- Carly Chow—Coordinator, Digital Sales
- Edward Beauchamp—Manager, Digital Media
- Eleanor Elliott—Director, Digital Capabilities
- Farah Mullick—Director, Digital Products
- Jayne Hoogenberk—Community Manager
- Julie Forrest—Manager, Online Marketing
- Larissa Walker—Manager, Social Media
- Tara Stevens—Assistant Manager, Digital Products